About Me

My photo
I'm married to a wonderful and loving, funny man. I was born and raise in the philippines, belong to a very conservative family. I am now living here in the US with my new found family. Been married for 4 years, Know more about me when i start posting blogs, you'll see me around.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Life as a Pilot's wife

When i met my husband he was already doing this job ; a commercial pilot for Southwest Airline and a on reserved pilot for the Air National Guard. I am proud of him but sometimes its just too much for me, thank god he already retired on his military job, but he still gone a lot, thats one of the reason why he just want me to stay home and not get a job, so that we he gets home from a few days out of town, i will be home and he could spend time with me, but i get bored without doing anything when his not home and i am talking about days.

When he upgrade into a captain, my.... his schedule was insane, and i got a little insane too, scheduling will call him at 3:00 am to tell him he has to go to work that day, because that time he was a junior captain and on reserved , meaning if one f the pilot will call in sick, he has to fell in for that guy, and i have to wake up with him, to pack his suitcase and make him breakfast and some sandwich to take with him when he gets hungry, i wasn't feeling bad for my self, i was feeling bad for my husband because he doesn't have a choice but to get his butt out in bed and get ready. So right now, he can bid a schedule he wants and the days he wants to work, but he still doesn't come home everyday like other normal job is, and i am always home alone for few days. But as long as his happy of what his doing, i will be happy for him, and the advantage of being a pilot's wife is; i get a chance to travel for free and i can give my sister a free ticket so she can come and visit us. And he looks darn good on his uniform and i miss seeing him in his military suit, he really looks hot on it.....

No comments: